Sunday, August 11, 2013

Plans have been arranged

Plans have been arranged. Bags have been packed. Work has been set aside.
I haven't even left yet and I am already at the point where I hate looking at my bank account balance.
For some reason I keep thinking about the biggest pile of dead Amazon.com boxes I have stacked up in the foyer. 

Now we wait.

I've never worked so hard for a ride before. A little planning here and there for sure, but this has taken on a form of all its own, uncontrollable. All those rides before seem like day trips now. I've got to get this one right, though. One small misstep and we may be too far behind schedule. So we've only got one shot at this.

Just the way I like it. Or do I? The stress has been tough. I know once I get started on the ride things will smooth out, we just have to get to that point. The clock's ticking.

This is something we've got to take. My job has been a real drain for me, and I need the time off. I am privileged to have some company on this trip. Eddie will be heading up with me on his V-Strom650, and my awesome wife will be flying up to Anchorage to meet us there with a rented BMW F650GS. And then there is me... on my GSXR-600.

The Plan: One week to get to Anchorage, two weeks to explore Alaska, and two weeks to get back home. Seems easy enough! Lets go!

No comments:

Post a Comment